segunda-feira, 14 de setembro de 2015

The Genesis of the Book "I Am That"

The genesis of the book "I AM THAT" on the Teachings of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj   
(As shared by Sri V. Ganesan ~ The Human Gospel of Ramana Maharshi)

"On one of these walks, my friend Maurice told me: “Today I am going to take you
to the place where I met a simple man selling beedis (Indian cigarettes).
As we were walking toward the place, Maurice narrated, I saw a group
of people smoking beedis; they were relating their woes of life. This
simple man answered them exactly in the manner of Ramana Maharshi.
Had Ramana Maharshi spoken in Marathi, it would have been the same!
I stopped in my tracks and listened intently. It was astounding to see an
ordinary man selling cigarettes talking so spontaneously! So I started going to
the place every day and noting down what he had said. I would then go home and translate all the questions and answers into English.
However, Maurice was ridden with guilt because he had not sought the
permission of this person. He informed the man what he had been
doing and read out all his writings, translating them into Marathi. The
man was delighted and told Maurice, Go on recording, go ahead! This was later published as I AM THAT, a publication that helped lay a foundation for the spiritual world. This man was none other than Nisargadatta Maharaj. Later on, after I had met Maharaj, I told Maurice,
Whatever you say is absolutely true. I can feel Bhagavan‘s presence in
his presence. The same teaching of Bhagavan comes from him
spontaneously.
ettes talking so spontaneously! So I started going to
As shared by Sri V. Ganesan ~ The Human Gospel of Ramana Maharshi



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

OM Namah Shivaia - encontro Oriente e Ocidente



Meditação em Yoga: Em yoga Clássica, a yoga de Patanjali, ciência que demonstra a potencialidade possível ao homem, há oito passos a completar, envolvendo disciplinas tanto físicas qto. mentais. Na 1ª destas etapas, se acham disciplinas relativas à autoeducação, ou auto-controle, tais como: não violência (ahimsa), veracidade (satyagraha), continência (brahmacharya), etc. Na etapa seguinte, dita das 'observâncias', estão a prática de pureza, contentamento, esforço sobre si mesmo, estudo e consagração ao Ideal.

O 3° passo, ou 3ª pétala da Flor de Yoga, trata das posturas ou âsanas, ou seja, os modelos gestuais recomendados aos que aspiram algum domínio sobre seu corpo. A quarta etapa é dos 'pranayamas', isto é, as disciplinas necessárias ao controle da energia através da respiração. Pratyahara é a etapa em que se aprende a controlar os sentidos. Dhârana, a 6ª etapa, se ensina a concentração da atenção. O sétimo passo, denominado Dhyâna, se refere às tecnicas de introspecção ou de meditação, e o último degráu chama-se Samadhi, ou completa absorção no Ideal Espiritual.

Este é o caminho de Yoga, relevante símbolo atual do encontro entre Ocidente e Oriente.

Para ler todo o texto, click acima das postagens em 'Meditação em Yoga'.